It’s been a while, I know. All I can say is that this placement has made me far busier and stressed than the previous one. In fact, I actually had a mini breakdown last week.
Anyway, I’ll give you a little bit of everything here.
- After much debate, I’ve chosen my case study, a girl with autism and a history of eating disorders who deliberately self-harms through cutting and headbanging.
- I’ve read a pretty decent, useful article titled ‘The Role of Occupational Therapy in the Treatment of Adolescents with Eating Disorders as Perceived by Mental Health Therapists’ by Elizabeth Kloczko and Moses N. Ikiugu, published in 2006 in Occupational Therapy and Mental Health.
- I’m terribly amused by these pictures of microscopic creatures, particularly the one of the bluebottle fly larva.
- I think celebrating Osama Bin Laden’s death is a little stupid, as it’s not as if it will end terrorism. In fact, it’ll probably make things worse. I can understand feeling relieved and a sense of closure in some cases, but celebrating out in the streets simply provides a target for revenge bombers.
- A while ago, another OT student contacted me, asking me to look at her website. Basically, they got involved in beta-testing mind map software and have put it to use building a giant OT mind map. When I first saw it, there wasn’t much up, but I just took another look, and it’s starting to come together, so if you’re interested, take a look at www.otstudent.info.
- My eczema has gone crazy. I’m embarrassed to go out these days.
I’ll try to get back into the swing of things, I promise.